1. Consider Sir Orfeo and its Classical sources, saying how they differ. What is
1. Consider Sir Orfeo and its Classical sources, saying how they differ. What is the theme of each? Compare and contrast.
2. What do you understand by romance? List its features and discuss in relation to both Sir Orfeo and Thomas the Rhymer.
3. Explain a poem’s four-fold meaning in relation to Thomas the Rhymer.
4. Analyse The Land of Cockaygne as satire.
5. Give an account of Arthur’s life based on Mort Darthur, speculating as to how it might relate to the author’s.