The paper should be around 12 pages (+/- 2 pgs) · single-spaced · typed in 12 po
The paper should be around 12 pages (+/- 2 pgs)
· typed in 12 point times new roman font.
· pages should include title page, table of contents, and references (1 pg each).
· Figures are allowed and encouraged but must be relevant to the topic and explained in the text.
The report may include
– general background.
– design information.
– case study.
– Depending on the topic, you may want to include theoretical background or details on how engineers might design/verify/implement the chosen technique.
– must include at least 1 case study in your report
Use the ASCE citation style guide for the references and the in-text citations. https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/library/support/citations-and-referencing/asce-citation-style/
As a minimum, you must have at least 6 citations, and four must be made up of those listed below:
– 1 book reference or design manual
– 2 journal articles
– 1 periodical (this may be the best place to get case studies, examples include; Geostrata, Engineering News-Record, Deep Foundations Magazine, foundations drilling, ground engineering).
The audience is the class peers